Monday, December 7, 2009

Bloggy Blog I'm 29

So I've been encouraged to blog more because my life is "interesting" and why not. I have a voice and I should use it. I will be writing on here more often to get my thoughts out.
Anyway, last week I turned 29,which isn't old in my book. I don't feel old, but there are some changes that I've noticed in myself and I thought I'd share them with you:

Signs Laura is getting older
1. Whenever I notice a hot guy my age, I immediately check his left hand for a wedding ring. Wtf?! I never had to do this when I was 23. I guess it's better safe than sorry. And 1 out of 3 guys is wearing one. Damnit. Even though I'm not growing up, the guys of my generation are.

2. I can't sleep past 8 am or stay up past 12 if I'm alone. My stupid job and years of waking up at 6am have made me one of those annoying morning/old people.

3. I now stay away from guys who aren't into me or are bad for me. In my early 20s I used to chase the shit out of so many assholes who could care less if they saw me. I would call them and pretend it was an accident. I would stare at my phone and wait desperately for them to call back. Now if a guy is an asshole to me just once I am done. I'm sad but I'm so over it. And I hate his guts.
What the hell is the point of waiting for someone who doesn't want me? (and here we have grown up Laura speaking). It's a lonely life but it feels lonelier (is that a word?) to be neglected and used.

4. Driving is now scary to me. I don't like driving fast. I don't like driving on the highway. I'm afraid of driving in the rain. I don't like riding with someone who drives fast and I will beg them to slow down. Younger me was no speed demon but I was never afraid to zip back and forth to New York or the shore in a heartbeat.

5. Fast food makes me sick. Now I really sound like my mother. I could eat McNuggets with no problem as a kid but now it all makes me want to puke. This is a good thing but don't tell my mother she was right.

Signs Laura Isn't Getting Old
1. No gray hair
2. No wrinkles
3. I have gained only 10 lbs since high school and I am more fit and active now.
4. People think I'm a college kid
5. I have no desire to get married or have kids. Grown up Laura does her own thing and doesn't worry about what her friends are doing. Just like young Laura.

Ok I'll stop talking about myself in the 3rd person like a douche. It's good to be back.

No comments: