Friday, April 11, 2008

He's Just Not That Into You

I've read the damn book about three times but sometimes I think it still hasn't sunk in. I still get hung up on the wrong guys that are "just not that into me." But they're usually wrong for me anyway but I still chase them. Why?

Sometimes I think that we're just programmed by our first real "love" or crush and mine was really fucked up and I think it screwed me up for life. I was 15 and stupid Jay Hutchins was my best friend's older brother and was WAYYYY wrong for me but I lived and died for that kid. He was attracted to me but just not that into me. He would reject me but then come back months later just to make out with me. He never wanted to date me but I accepted whatever he was willing to give just to be close to him. That's not good enough and I still do that shit NOW over 12 years later.
Ughhh.

So I'm making a list of qualities of what I want and DESERVE in a mate and I'm gonna return to this whenever I'm feeling sad that some boy is just not that into me. He won't have these qualities anyway.

1. Must be into ME. Really into ONLY me. Not hung up on some ex-girlfriend. Why is every guy I've met in the past few years hung up on someone else? Why aren't I the girl that they're hung up on??? Move on guys! She's just not that into you!
It really sucks to be someone's 2nd, 3rd, or 20th choice. I deserve so much more than that.
If a guy doesn't have this most important quality then I shouldn't waste my time on him. I just end up losing. Although some fuckbags have lied about being into me but that's another story...

2. Must be smart. I'm a nerd. I love to read and I think too much. I prefer my guy to be the same way. Must be able to have an intelligent conversation and love to read. Must know things that I don't.

3. Must not be clingy. I know I'm being picky but I want them to be independent like I am. Must have his own friends, own social life, own interests just like I do. It's important because I need a lot of space. Must be secure in giving it to me.

4.Must be motivated. I want a guy who works hard and plays hard. I want someone who will motivate me to do more and try harder at life.

5. Must be semi-attractive. Most of the guys I've been into weren't exactly hot but cute and their personality won me over. I can't look at you and think "No" although I did with Jeremy initially. Damn alcohol impairing my judgment. You can be a "Maybe" but not a "Definitely Not. I need lots of booze to hook up with you" (aka Jeremy).

6.Must be liberal. I've thought a lot about this. I'm sure I could love someone who is Middle of the Road (and I have) but I'd LOVE a liberal. There's something about sharing the same ideals that is very sexy and comforting to me.

7. Must have an open mind. They don't have to have the same exact taste as me. I've learned that it doesn't necessarily mean that you're compatible if you like the exact same movies, music, food, etc. But he must be open all new things and be able to appreciate a variety.

8.Must be funny. Must get my sense of humor and be able to make me laugh. This is very important.

9.Must be able to have a good time. I prefer that he drink but I won't reject someone if they don't because you never know. I don't want a fall down drunk either. No thanks. I don't want someone I have to take care of. He should be able to handle his liquor and not binge drink. Must be comfortable at parties, bars, etc. and being around new people.

10.Must love dogs
Kidding! Although kindness to animals is a sure sign of their nature. I wouldn't date someone who was cruel to any living thing.

Am I asking too much? Does this guy exist? Will I find him?

No comments: